From a marketers perspective, GDPR compliance can be both complicated and a bit daunting. By putting yourself in your customers shoes and viewing this from their perspective and approaching this with some creativity may actually gain you a competitive advantage.
To give you a few ideas how you can use the channels that you own (your website and newsletters), here are some of the activities I would have done to future proof my marketing and in the same time make it easy for my customer.
Do you want to find a way to start of a new collaboration in the best possible way? to get your suppliers to hit the ground running working for you and be the coveted client that everyone wants to work with?
Here is the secret. It starts in the pitch process, that’s where you lay the foundation for team work, and you can set the tone right out the gate.
Depending on the type of project and collaboration of course, this is what a brief should contain, if it’s some sort of marketing collaboration or project:
- Short outline of the process and the timings for said process, from RFI (request for information) to presentations to final decision day and a desired start date for the collaboration.
- Contact information and their roles, from your company.
- Short, relevant background information about your company. Business goals, competitors, current challenges and anything else that might help the agencies to create proposals which can help you succeed in your role.
- Budget – helps the agencies to prioritize and create proposal right away that fits the scope you have available.
- Objective – what is the purpose of the collaboration or project?
- Target audience – who are you looking to reach?
- Market – what’s your market? or desired market? what do you know? and what do you not know?
- Goal & KPIs – how do you measure success from this collaboration or project? what defines it’s success?
- Integrations – from technology to other agencies or departments that they may have to work with
- Scope – what is the actual scope of your request?
- Delimitations – is there any clarifications you need to make in terms of what is not included in this project and pitch?
- The requirements – list the requirements, if applicable, for this initiative. Everything from technology to requirements that the agency needs to meet (team, values etc)
- Your expectations of an agency – what do you need and want out of this collaboration? be clear.
(if applicable – depends on the type of project and can be supplied at a later stage in a pitch)
- Marketing strategy & plan
- Target audience information
- Business plan
- Supporting information on any technology and integration with systems
January went by in the blink of an eye. While compiling my link list I’m huddled up in my favourite armchair under a blanket with a cup of coffee, the rooftops outside covered with a light coating of snow.
This link list is a mixed bag of digital marketing trends, to personal development and leadership to tips on books for further reading. It’s a list filled with inspiration for a new year a head, bot personally and professionally.
6 ways how leaders slaughter imagination and kill creativity in business
The worlds most successful women share their career advice
Tim Ferris shares the boks that have influenced him the most
How Rupi Kaur Built A Career On The Relentless Pursuit Of Creativity
I want Google Arts & Culture to release the search art with a selfie function to more countries. As the art lover I am, I’m so disappointed I can’t use this yet. However the app is really great if you want to discover art.
What’s next on mobile? here is the answer.
Unicornsulting made the most awesome advents calendar during December that I’ve ever seen. It consisted of a book tip a day. Here is the complete list.
Einstein and Da Vinci did it, journaling that is, here’s an article about the benefits of making this a habit
Why it’s time to invest in yourself
The art of being yourself
Found this article on linked in – why there is no such thing as a “CRM campaign” – well worth a read!
PPC trends for 2018 by search engine land
Fabulous will help you stick to your new years resolutions, here’s an article on why (I love behavioural economics)
32 ways a digital marketing consultant can hep you grow your business
A psychologist has apparently discovered the one thing that leaders need the most
7 things to remove from your life to improve your year ahead