Working with influencers and influencer marketing has grown exponentially throughout the last few years. It’s becoming big business and one of the reasons are because millennials are more likely to buy from a Youtuber, using/endorsing a product then a celebrity or mega-star.
Working with influencers, setting a scope for the partnership, expectations and defining the work is one way to approach this, so you are both are on the same page, as you are entering a business relationship with each other.
But before you get down to just business, get clear on your KPI’s for the partnership and work, so you know how you can evaluate the activities and content the influencer and/or you create together.
As I work on the other side of this, receiving quite a few queries from companies for my vegan recipe lifestyle website, large and small, I have put together this list as I think it’s helpful when initiating a new partnership within this field.
Earlier this year I was interviewed by Patrik Roselfeld from Digitala Strateger, a Swedish group on LinkedIn with a multitude of talented people working within digital strategy, marketing and business development.
I’m honored to be interviewed and featured on the website. In “Tre frågor till digitala marknadsförings-experten Veronica Stenberg ” I talk about modern marketing, how I stay updated and share three top tips for anyone who wants to take their marketing to the next level.
The interview is only available in Swedish however you can use Google Translate, to get the gist of what I’m saying, if you are interested.
Tre frågor till digitala marknadsförings-experten Veronica Stenberg
I follow @mrsrodial on social media as I think she is very inspiring business person. And as I love to read both business books (preferably by the founds of businesses) and biographies, I pre-ordered a copy and to my delight it arrived just in time for my holiday. That’s why my copy is quite battered as you can probably tell from the photo above, it’s been to three countries (Hungary, Germany and Spain plus a short visit in Stockholm, Sweden if you are curious).
Overall I thought it was a brilliant book, written in a personal way, sharing both insights on the personal journey and handy take-aways in the form of “overnight success secrets”. Hint – it took Rodial 18 years to reach where they are today. This was one of the things I liked the most, because, in many of the books I’ve read, this vital piece of information is missing – that it’s a journey and there is no such thing as an overnight success.
Who is this for:
- Anyone who is interested to read about the starting point and the journey of a brand (it’s not specific for the beauty business but it’s interesting that the book feature a beauty brand)
- Anyone looking for inspiration and motivation on their own journey, either it be starting your own business or working a “ordinary” job. I enjoyed the personal insight into the author’s career and her tenacity and drive, it’s infectious!
- Who wants another perspective and some creative ideas of what to do on a shoe string budget or how you can solve anything with the right attitude, creativity and the right amounts of espresso!
Why you should read this book:
- It’s filled with handy advice and creative ways to solve PR to events, from the “starting out days” to how the business and brand is managed when it’s grown both in size, markets and revenue.
- The book covers topics such as; building a brand, social media, PR, creating buzz for your brand, overcoming daily struggles, how to take care of yourself, making it happen, staying motivated, refining your appearance and how to build a strong personal brand.
- You will get new ideas and inspiration – be sure to have pen and paper at hand!
- You will get motivated for sure!
- Most importantly, it’s written in a personal and entertaining language. It’s an enjoyable read while you learn new skills.
This books is already a favourite. If you read it, let me know what you think about it.
These are my five succinct tips for evolving your CRM department and data from “email” to a tool for insight and increased revenue for your brand and business.